I sat down with Char, our resident skin queen at the Shawn Paul Salon, to get some tips on combatting dryness this winter. I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like my skin is never moisturized enough; I am constantly putting on lotion! So what does Char think? She says it is really important to use products that aren’t going to strip your skin of its natural oils – those oils can, in fact, help protect your skin from the harsh conditions!
So what does she recommend for fighting the frost?
1.A gentle enzyme mask will help remove dead skin cells. Once those dead skin cells are removed, your skin will absorb your serums better!
2. You want to finish locking in all those nutrients from your serums with a nice moisturizer designed for your skin type.
3. Face Oil blends can also be used before applying your moisturizer for a soothing boost.
4. Apply SPF in the morning before your day, especially if you are going to be doing any outdoor activities. Although it is gray-er during the winter, the sun can still sneak through!
5. Avoid really hot showers and baths – they can strip your skin of its natural oils and even cause inflammation.
6. Monthly facials are important because your aesthetician can customize each facial based off of your skincare needs and even send you home with products to use at home that will help to balance and feed the skin.
So what are some of her favorite products? The Winter Sublime pads for exfoliation, Tulsi Booster for epidermal protection, and the Re-Night Oil or Moisturizer for hydration. All of the products are from Comfort Zone – stop in to check them out or ask questions! Schedule your appointment with Char today by clicking the Appointments link in the top right corner of our web page.